WISH ME LUCK!

Monday, July 14, 2008

Homemade Cooking

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Applesauce Waffles

You will need:
1 1/2 Cups of whole wheat flour
1 Cup of quick cook oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon (I used a tad more than that!)
pinch of salt (I omitted)
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 Cups of milk
1/4 Cup and 2 Tbsp. oil (I used chunky style applesauce to cut the fat)
2 Tbsp. brown sugar

In a medium size bowl, sift together flour, oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.

In another bowl, stir eggs, milk, oil (or apple sauce), and brown sugar.


Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until blended.

Makes 7 waffles

Also, I froze the remaining waffles to be able to pop in the toaster on busy mornings. (Great tip, Megan!)

*I topped with additional chunky style apple sauce for more flavor--


Meet my food critic: Ella Beth, a/k/a "Monkey" :)



MMMM!! The few crumbs that were left told me this recipe was a success!!

2 comments:

Little April said...

yummy my monkey has that same plate :)

Trina said...

I don't know how I missed this post last week, but I have been wanting to make waffles for my kids instead of buying eggos, and I think I will be trying this!! Thanks!