Monday, August 11, 2008
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Still, I try. :)
I saw the cutest pencil cake in an old copy of Family Fun magazine that I'd been saving.
(I made homemade brownies as opposed to store bought and they did not crumble.)
I also made homemade chocolate and white chocolate chip cookies and came up with these little treat baggies for the kids:
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Friday, August 8, 2008
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Sometimes when I have things that just need to get done and I cannot do a craft alongside my daughter, I have to get creative in ways she can do crafts without my help. She loves stickers and I think putting stickers onto paper builds great hand-eye coordination. Problem is, stickers can sometimes frustrate her! I have come up with a pretty simple solution:
Labels: Works for Me Wednesday
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
This week I want to share with you my favorite kitchen "gadget" and it was FREE. It's a rubber-gripper-thingamajig that helps you open stuff. LOL. It has saved my hiney in the kitchen more times than a few. Especially with hubby being gone, it definitely has been my strong arm lately (Miss you baby!)
Labels: My Favorite Things
Here are the rules for the winners:
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you.
3. Nominate at least 5 other blogs.
4. Add links to these blogs on your blog.- Don't forget this step. This is great free advertising!
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
I love this:
I tried driving solo but I finished on "E" ...
Labels: Walk with Him
I've been at my mom's for the past few days and I got to tackle her pantry!! (Is this normal to be so excited to actually want to tackle someone else's home to fuel my organization hunger? PROBABLY NOT, lol)
I always tease her, "Mom, how are you going to know you have enough pasta if its on the bottom shelf with the chips?" After more than a few comments, she finally said the magic words, "Well, get in there, girl!" :)
Oh, and how I adore this can organizer. Won't fit in my dinky cabinents :(
Isn't this awesome!?
Just take all your crayon bits, remove the paper, and arrange in your tins. You could get really creative with your color mixtures, but I made it pretty simple considering it was the first try. Note: I do not recommend "cheapo" crayons. It may have just been a fluke, but once they were molded, they didn't color anymore. So, stock up on the cheap Crayolas while you can!
You could use any shaped muffin tin or mold pan, I just happened to score a heart shaped one at the dollar store!
Pop in the oven at about 200 degrees.. just keep an eye on them! Once melted, set out until dried and molded. Mine popped out easily once cooled, so you shouldn't have any problems.
Perfect for little one's hands. I sprang for the Tadoodles a while back and trust me, they were not worth the money!
I will be using these for goody-bags and holidays. Very original and creative and I can't think of a kid who wouldn't love these!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Monday, July 21, 2008
Here are the rules:
1. link the person(s) who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
Here we go!
1. I highlight, make notes, and use sticky tabs in every book or magazine I read. It helps me absorb it more ;)
2. I'm a containerizing/labelizing junkie.
3. My toes are never still. They have a mind of their own and make my mood a dead giveaway. Hubbie will often ask if I'm "stressin" because they will stick straight up in the air. (even when I don't realize they are doing it!)
4. You know I'm annoyed when I scratch the back of my head/hair. Mom does it, too. Weird.
5. I have no (nil, zero) patience for people who smack their food!!!!
6. I vacuum AT LEAST twice a day.
I was tagged by Sis at http://mommyminded.blogspot.com/
Okay, here are the people I will tag....
1. Sarah at Fiddledeedee http://fiddledeedeeblog.blogspot.com/
2. Trina at Fabulously Frugalicious http://fabulouslyfrugalicious.blogspot.com/
3. Tasha at Comical Coupon Cents http://comicalcouponcents.blogspot.com/
4. Annie at Me and My Three Boys http://indecisivemomoftwo.blogspot.com/
6. Mama Koala http://koalamama.blogspot.com/
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Friday, July 18, 2008
Press the ears into the face and viola! A cute little Mickey Mouse pizza!
She was so excited! It made me a little sad to have to cut it up, lol :(
I also made "fried" green beans by sauteing green beens in italian bread crumbs and EVOO Spray. Not totally healthy, but also, not fried. It fooled her, and she hates green beans! (I tried them and they were very yummy!)
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Meet my little sister, Hanlee, by the way :)